The Nancy O'Sullivan Academic/Service Scholarship
O’Sullivan Law Firm’s 2019 Nancy O’Sullivan Academic/Service Scholarship
The O’Sullivan Law Firm is pleased to announce our new annual scholarship, named after Scott O’Sullivan’s mom, Nancy O’Sullivan. “Community service is baked into me because of my mom,” says Scott. Nancy was a volunteer extraordinaire in her small town of Tewksbury, NJ. She brought the concept of Meals on Wheels for seniors to the town, volunteered at schools to teach dental hygiene (she was a dental hygienist), and founded the Tewskbury Parks and Recreation Department, serving as its first president. In that role, she helped create the town’s first fields for soccer and baseball, and started the first leagues. Nancy also served on the Tewksbury board of education.
The Nancy O’Sullivan Academic/Service Scholarship is intended to recognize college students who have committed themselves to community service and academic achievement.
Amount: $1,000 to be dispersed once annually.
Application Deadline: Applications must be received between March 1st and May 1st of the application year.
Annual Award Date: Winner will be notified by May 31st of the application year.
Who Can Apply?
The 2019 Nancy O’Sullivan Academic/Service Scholarship is open to all applicants who meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must currently live in the United States
- Applicants need to be accepted to an undergraduate or graduate school in the United States.
- Applicants may be entering any year of college or graduate school; not restricted to incoming freshmen
- Students must have achieved a 3.3 or higher GPA (on a scale of 4.0) in their previous academic year
- Applicants must have a proven passion for community service
How to Apply?
Applicant must complete the online application form below, which includes:
- Copy of your college acceptance letter
- Copy of your recent transcripts (high school or college)
- Proof of community service activities undertaken in the last year in the form of a recommendation letter from a community leader, or high school/college representative
- 500-word essay (longer essays will be disqualified) on the following topic: “I have dedicated myself to community service because…”
- Application indicates that the winner authorizes The O’Sullivan Law Firm to use the winning essay in a blog or other article, as well as social media links